Terms of Participation
We encourage our community to share thoughts and opinions on our blog. However, postings must remain respectful and further the purpose of this site, which is to inform our community of DVAM events, and to share statistics and current events relevant to the issue of Domestic Violence.
Please note this is a moderated online discussion site. The DVAM Planning Committee has the right to delete posted comments that:
1. Contain defamatory material, disparaging false statements or representations that cause injury to reputation of business, products or individuals
2. Include name-calling/personal attacks of any kind, or offensive comments that target or disparage any group or individual
3. Contain hate speech, profanity, obscenity, vulgarity, or lewdness
4. Advocate illegal activity
5. Are off-topic
6. Promote particular services, products, or political organizations
7. Infringe on copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property
8. Contain personal and/or case-specific information
9. Engage in political activity or solicit or promote any not-for-profit, religious, political or personal causes
If a submission, post or comment is determined to be inappropriate, it will be removed from the website. This action will be taken in order to maintain the effective operation of the page for its intended purpose as a forum for civil, constructive and thoughtful discourse and information sharing.
By posting to this page, all contributors acknowledge that they have read, understood and agree to be bound by this policy and promise to comply with all applicable laws and regulations related thereto. Users that do not adhere to this policy are subject to being blocked from the page.
Please note that the comments expressed on this site do not necessarily reflect the opinions and position of The DVAM Planning Committee, the Hawaii State Coalition Against Domestic Violence, or its officers and employees.
*Adapted from the New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence with many thanks and acknowledgement
The same standards for comments apply to guest posts, and we reserve the right to ignore submissions antithetical to the purpose of this blog.
If you would like to submit a post about current events, DVAM events or programs being held during the month of October, please email your submission to email@example.com for our team to review it. We will respond with any questions/concerns regarding content if it does not meet posting guidelines.